Unfortunately, there don’t appear to be binaries available this time around, so you’ll have to wait or try to force it with Garmin Express.
Changes made from 7.10 to 8.00:
- Course Routing
– Improved course routing speed.
– Added automatic course route caching.
– Improved map visibility and contrast with new map themes.
– Added a popularity layer to highlight roads that Garmin users have ridden the most.
– Added directional arrows to routes, courses, and history lines.
– Added smart syncing before an activity.
– Added a Sync Now button to the settings widget and the Connected Features > Phone menu.
- Updated Firstbeat library for various improvements and bug fixes including a fix for training stats being reset on a multiple day activity.
– Fixed issue with BLE sensors in CIQ data fields after waking the Edge from sleep mode.
– Fixed issue where activity controls would not work in a CIQ app.
– Improved CIQ data field settings experience by always prompting when adding a settings-capable CIQ data field.
– Increased font size for app background messages.
– Fixed other minor issues.
- Fixed several inReach issues.
- Improved Garmin dual-mode sensor management.
- Improved power meter calibration and software updates.
- Improved the cycling dynamics page.
- Increased maximum number of workout steps from 50 to 100.
- Combined the indoor trainer Target Power and Resistance data fields into a single new “Trainer Mode Value” data field that will dynamically change the title and value based on the current trainer mode between Target Power, Slope, and Resistance options.
- Added support for including metabolic calories in the total calories reported in the calories data field and recorded in the activity file.
- Fixed manual elevation calibration.
- Fixed issue with blank Strava segments appearing on the Segment Explore widget.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Improved device stability.