Sustainability plays a role in my diet, and home improvement choices. So there was never any doubt that I was going to post this release. Well, once I got past the completely erroneous “why would I get PR about recycled bib shorts” reaction :). Regardless of your opinion around sustainably (queue “keep your politics to yourself” comments), there’s no arguing with the price – assuming it’s quality kit. $80 for a jersey, $90 for bibs, or $150 for the complete package is very competitive.
As riders, we must ensure that we are taking care of our outside playground and preserving it for future generations. That is why State Bicycle Co. uses recycled/recyclable materials in this product and packaging. Each jersey and bib set is constructed with REPREVE® recycled polyester – made from 100% post-consumer waste (primarily water bottles).
The fabrics are woven in a tight-knit circular mesh so that the rider notices no physical difference between the recycled fabric and other traditional options.
Performance and quality have not been spared in the name of sustainability. State Bicycle Co. has redesigned its cycling kit options to focus on exquisite fit, top performance, and attention to detail.
Recycled Kit Line Details:
- Performance cut
- Premium grippers on Jersey and Bibs
- Jersey $79.99
- Bibshorts $89.99
- Full Kit $150 (discount taken at checkout)
- Risk-Free Purchase – State Bicycle Co. offers free exchanges* – if this piece doesn’t work out, they’ll send you a return label and exchange for free!
- State Bicycle Co. offers a 1-year warranty on all clothing items to be free of any defects, rips or wear/tear.
- *jersey grippers and zip are not recycled, bib gripper, chamois, and straps are not made of recycled materials.
State has even revamped the packaging– it’s made from post-consumer materials and is 100% recyclable.
All of this is offered at a fraction of the price of many other traditional offerings. State Bicycle Co. Sustainability collection is available for $79.99 for jerseys and $89.99 bibs.
Thank you for supporting State’s initiative to be more responsible and more sustainable. They enjoy sharing the planet with all of you.